Press & Awards
Christchurch Best of the Best Awards 2013
- Best Fine Dining Restaurant
- Best Customer Service by an Individual - Leszek Karmierczak
Christchurch Best of the Best Awards 2012
- Best Seafood Restaurant
- Best Midweek Lunch
South West Tourism Excellence Awards 2011/2012
- Taste of the South West Gold Award
Last night (6th February 2012) marked a milestone achievement for The Jetty restaurant in Christchurch, Dorset, which was announced as a Gold winner for the ‘Taste of the South West’ Award, scooping the top accolade at the prestigious 2012 ceremony, hosted by The Independent’s Simon Calder at Torquay’s Riviera Centre.
Cementing its place as the region’s number one newcomer, The Jetty sits alongside the highly acclaimed Bath Priory, beating Gidleigh Park, both headed up by Chef Michael Caines MBE, in the running for the number one spot; an amazing accomplishment after just one year of full business.
As Gold Award winners in the South West of England, The Jetty has now been put forward for ‘Taste of England' at the National Enjoy England Awards for Excellence later in 2012.
Alex Aitken, who heads up the team at The Jetty, said:
"What a remarkable achievement, I am so proud of the team – this Award is testament to the fact that by championing local produce and celebrating our incredible location on the south coast, we have transformed this wonderful restaurant into an award-winning experience. To sit alongside Bath Priory and to beat Gidleigh Park, both outstanding restaurants and regional icons, is an achievement in itself, we are all thrilled.”
Christchurch Best of the Best Awards 2011
- Christchurch's Best Seafood Restaurant
Taste of Dorset Awards 2011
Runner Up for 'Best Restaurant'
- Delicious Magazine - 10 outstanding places to enjoy Christmas lunch - January 2013
- Telegraph Online - A Gastronomic find down by the Harbour - November 2012
- Coast Magazine - 10 Best New Places to Eat by the Sea - September 2012 [Page 1] [Page 2]
- Olive Magazine - Toast to the Coast - August 2012
- The Times - The Cool Hotel Guide - April 2012
- Sunday Telegraph - Hotel Review, Fiona Duncan - March 2012
- BHbeat (online) - Christchurch Restaurant scoops Tourism Excellence Award - December 2011
- The Business (online) - Excellent News for The Jetty - December 2011
- Dorset Society - The Catch of the Day - October 2011
- Flavour Magazine - Alex Aitken - September 2011 [Page 1] [Page 2]
- The Times - Crabbing on Mudeford Quay - August 2011
- Daily Echo Taste - Hook it and Cook it - July 2011 [Page 1] [Page 2]
- Daily Echo Taste - Simple Fishy Dish - July 2011
If you have a press questions, please use the following contacts to obtain further information from the Harbour Hotels Collection.
|General Press Enquiries||Marketing Enquiries|
Harbour Hotels Collection
Tel: 01202 400975
Director of Marketing
Harbour Hotels Collection
Tel: 01202 400961